28 December 2012

Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Rosemary Chicken

Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Rosemary Chicken

Since I had such a rough summer with my MS sapping my energy levels, I wanted to start focusing on easy recipes that the Hubster could do.  After doing a lot of searching, I discovered that freezer meals would be the perfect way to go.  It would be almost like having pre-made foods for him.  AND - bonus to me - I could toss them together on days when I actually had some time and energy.

I got out some of my gallon sized Ziploc bags and a Sharpie and went to work . . . I focused on slow cooker meals because, really, how much easier could it be . . . just dump a bad in the slow cooker, maybe toss in an ingredient or two and . . . DONE!

I'm not certain where this recipe originated, it might have been in one of the Fix It Cookbooks, but couldn't tell ya for certain . . .

We like this recipe and decided that it's really good over rice.  Yes, GASP! he had to cook rice.

Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Rosemary Chicken
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
1/3 c honey
1/3 c olive oil
3 T fresh rosemary
1 t salt (optional)
1/2 c water

Toss all ingredients in gallon sized Ziploc bag.  Freeze flat in freezer.

When ready to cook, pull from freezer the night before and let thaw in fridge.  (We usually sit it in a Tupperware bowl to avoid any thawing-related messes).  The next morning, place in slow cooker - we used a 2 qt slow cooker bowl from the set and it was the perfect size.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low.  Our slow cooker had it done in 6 hours.  Remove chicken from sauce and shred.  Some people use the paddle in their Kitchen Aide Mixer - the Hubster simply uses two forks.  Place chicken back in slow cooker.  Spoon chicken and sauce mix over rice, pasta, couscous or quinoa.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment