05 February 2011

Gooey Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes


I'm in love and I'm not afraid to tell the world!  I'm hoping the girls (and hubby) go to bed soon so I can sneak back into the kitchen and enjoy yet another yummy cupcake!  I cannot wait to try this recipe again, but with Nutella instead of peanut butter!

~ UPDATE ~
The Hubby beat me to the goodies.  Guess they were a success as he ate 3 (YES, THREE) of them!

Thank goodness I was able to snag one of the remaining cupcakes this morning for my post-lunchtime-walk treat.  It was the perfect reward for walking on a sheet of ice with 51 mph wind gusts hitting my face and ears (and an air temp of 24 and falling).  I didn't regret the workout at all when I sat down at my desk and saw that cute little Brownie Cupcake waiting for me! 

Gooey Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
~ adapted from gourmetcupcakerecipes.com

2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Peanut Butter

Preheat oven to 350.  Melt chocolate chips and butter in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl; stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning of chocolate.

Stir sugar, eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture.  Slowly stir in flour. 

Line cupcake pan with cute paper cupcake liners.  Use an ice cream scoop to fill each cupcake holder 2/3 of the way full with batter.  Place between 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp peanut butter in center of each cupcake. 

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 

~ Makes 10 cupcakes

















  giveaways

 
It's a Keeper Thursday
tatertots and jello weekend wrap up party
Sweet Tooth Friday

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally shouldn't** be admitting this right now, but my mouth is actually watering!! [:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow peanut butter and chocolate a celestial combo, at least for me! These look super yummy and wheat flour to boot!

    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummm...these look delicious. anything with chocolate and peanut butter is always a winner.

    recipesoptional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete