25 February 2011

Peanut Butter Blossom Cup Cookies


I have a theme going - it is the *Every Cookie I Make Goes Flat* theme. 

SO.  SO.  SAD.

This is one of the reasons for my QUEST for yummy cookies that do NOT go flat.

I'm glad to say I have another winner!

Peanut Butter Blossom Cup Cookies
~ adapted from Nestle's Very Best Baking

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
36 kisses

Preheat oven to 375F.  Beat the butter, sugar and peanut butter.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.  Slowly beat in the flours and soda.

Drop batter by teaspoons into greased mini muffin cups.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven and place on wire rack.  Place one kiss in middle of each mini muffin.

Let cool completely.  Use knife to remove from mini muffin cups.

~ be careful of amount of soda added to mixture.  I think my little baker added more than the 3/4 tsp as these babies poured over the tops of the mini-muffin tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment