27 February 2011

Hot Pretzels

My coworker (and Mentor) would make these pretzels frequently.  They would be gone in no time.  They are addicting.  Just before she retired (almost 8 years ago!!!), she finally shared the recipe with our team so we wouldn't go through withdrawal!  I make these pretzels often.  Miss Mia loves them, Miss Picky loves them and my Dad and Hubby both request them for their birthdays and Father's Day.

When making this recipe, I usually double it.  When doing so, I then reduce the amount of oil from two cups down to about 1 1/2 or 1 3/4.  This is also a perfect recipe for toddlers who enjoy "cooking" as Miss Mia gently mixes the pretzels while I pour the oil mix over them.

Hot Pretzels
~ recipe provoided by Jan Douglass

1 cup oil (I use canola)

1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning mix
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 large bag mini pretzels

Using small bowl, mix the first four ingredients.

In a roasting pan, put a layer of pretzels and spoon some of the "dressing" on pretzels. Gently mix. Keep layering pretzels and dressing, mixing well after each layer. Continue to do this until all pretzels and dressing have been used.

Bake in a 200 degree oven for 2 hours. Stir pretzels every 20 minutes.

Store in sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment