13 May 2011

Golden Honey Pan Rolls


Miss Mia snapped this picture.  The minute anything comes out of the oven, she runs for the camera - even if it's a basic cake mix or a store bought pizza!  I think I've created a monster!

My meat 'n potatoes Dad requires bread with every meal.  So, I pulled out the trusty bread maker and attempted some recipes.  This was a pretty good recipe and I may attempt it again.  I loved the taste of the honey baked into the rolls.

Golden Honey Pan Rolls
~ adapted from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking September/October 2000

1 cup milk (at room temp) (I used 2%)
1 egg
1 egg yolk (keep the egg white for the glaze!!!!)
1/2 cup canola oil
2 T honey
1 1/2 tsp salt (I used sea salt)
3 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (I used breadmaker's yeast)

Glaze:
1/3 cup sugar
2 T butter (or margarine)
1 T honey
1 egg white

Put the first 8 ingredients in bread machine pan.  Select dough setting (checking after 5 minutes and adding 1-2 T water or flour, if needed).  When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.

Punch it (yahhhh!!!).  Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball (it helps to flour your hands).  Place 12 balls in each of two greased 8 inch baking pans.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes (or put oven on warm (170 is what my oven calls warm) and place a shallow pan of boiling water on bottom rack.  Place baking pans of rolls on top rack, cover and let rise until doubled.  Remove water and rolls from oven and preheat oven to 350.).

For the glaze, combine the 4 ingredients and drizzle over dough.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Brush with additional honey if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment