29 May 2011

The Perfect "Mix" Cupcake


Cupcakes are IN right now.  The Food Network has the Cupcake Wars show and it seems every blog has featured at least one cupcake recently.  There are so many gourmet recipes that I decided to try making some.  My main goal was to practice icing these babies so I could make some for the girls' birthdays and not need to say "OH, Misses Mia and Aisey helped ice them . . ."

I decided to start with a basic recipe.  I found this one at Saucy's Sprinkles.  Hint - it uses a cake mix!  YAH!  She has an entire tutorial.  I'm just gonna toss the ingredients on here.  I loved this batter; it did not resemble cake mix batter at all.  I will be making this one again for when I need cupcakes quickly.

The Perfect Cupcakes (using a mix)
~ adapted from Saucy's Sprinkles

1 cake mix
3 large eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup water

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.  Mix on low 1-2 minutes, scraping down bowl.  Mix on high for another minute.  Scoop batter into cupcake pans.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Cool completely prior to icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment