29 January 2011

Puff Treats

Sometimes I get the feeling my friends are actually evil beings plotting my downfall.  This recipe proves this feeling.  I love hate love Barb for giving me such a delish treat.  Be prepared to make a second batch as soon as you've made the first as you'll be in no mood to share!

Puff Treats
~ from the USIS Cooking Style cookbook (recipe provided by my friend, Barb)

1/2 cup Karo syrup - dark or light
2 sticks butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 bags Snyder's Hulless Popcorn Puffs

Boil Karo, butter and brown sugar.  Once it comes to a rolling boil, boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the baking soda and stir well.  Pour puffs into large roasting pan that has been sprayed generously with Pam. Pour hot mixture over puffs and stir well.  Bake at 250 for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes while baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment