28 December 2010

Chicken Stuffed Shells

Yet another casserole that is not photogenic.

In an attempt to make dinner, I happened upon this recipe and was very excited to see I had everything in my pantry.  Lately, it seems I'm missing at least one ingredient that looks like it has the potential to be yummy.  I was even more excited that it sounded easy!  An additional plus was that there are steps in the preparation that my two year old was able to accomplish, all the while telling our dog that she was cooking - and letting me know our dog was helping to cook as well (I guess emotional support as a spectator counts as cooking to a toddler?).

Chicken Stuffed Shells
~ adapted from the USIS Cooking Style cookbook

4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 box stuffing mix, prepared according to directions on box
1 box jumbo shells, cooked
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup

Preheat oven to 350. 

In medium bowl, combine the first five ingredients.  Use stuffing mixture to fill jumbo shells.  Pace stuffed shells in single layer in 9x13 pan.  Set aside.
In medium bowl, blend soups and broth.  Pour over shells.

Bake one hour at 350 degrees.

~~~ Update ~~~
After the hubby and I talked about this recipe today, we decided it was very bland.  We're not certain if it was just the premade stuffing that we didn't like or the overall lack of spices.  We will probably make this recipe again, trying with real stuffing and some seasoning next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment