20 December 2010

Sloppy Joe Pizza


I'm trying to get back into planning meals for the week as well as attempting new recipes.  Today, I met with success on both counts.

Sloppy Joe Pizza
from Taste of Home simple and delicious

~ makes 2 8 serving pizzas

2 13.8 oz tubes refrigerated pizza crust
1 lb ground beef
1 15.5 oz can sloppy joe sauce
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Unroll pizza dough; place on two greased 12 inch pizza pans.  Bake at 425 for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Add sloppy joe sauce.  Spread over crusts*.  Sprinkle with cheeses.  Bake at 425 for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.

* If you're like me, you'll be worried that the sloppy joe mix isn't enough for two pizzas.  Trust the recipe, there is plenty of sloppy joe mix!  It will look sparse on the crusts prior to baking.

~ Next time, I will be using my homemade crust and also making my own sloppy joes (with peppers and onions).  But, even as is, it is a very yummy recipe.

Linking to:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've never thought of putting sloppy joes on a pizza. What a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete