11 December 2010

Cottage Cheese Biscuits


So, I had some Cottage Cheese on my hands and wanted to do something fun with it . . . tired of the same old same old. I found this recipe and decided to try it.

Can you tell I'm not overly thrilled with the results? To me, the biscuits were so so, and that was with me adding a tablespoon of garlic and a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning. Then again, I'm not a big biscuit fan as I usually find them to all be bland - except for the Cheddar Bay Ones - LOVE THOSE. So, maybe I'll be making these again should I have need of biscuits and have some extra Cottage Cheese on hand.

By the way, I can't recall where this recipe was found . . . maybe foodnetwork. I have modified it, as usual. And, I can't get my computer to have anything to do with my new SD memory cards. So, as soon as I get this little issue fixed, a photo will be uploaded.

Cottage Cheese Biscuits

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 T baking powder
1 T minced garlic
1 T Italian Seasoning
5 T unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 16 oz container cottage cheese

Preheat oven to 450. Place flour in large bowl. Add baking powder and salt. Stir until combined. Add butter and mix until clumps form the size of small peas. Add cottage cheese and stir until just combined.

Drop on non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Serve immediately.
*** update ***
~ When I made this, I accidentally got sidetracked and left the second half in the oven (turned off, but still warm). They were a darker golden brown . . . and I liked them a lot better than just golden brown. They seem to have more taste . . . or maybe it was just the fact they sat out overnight. The Husband liked them and said I can make them again (so nice of him to give me permission, huh?).

No comments:

Post a Comment